Have you noticed a theme this week???
Sure this would have been good to do in February, but this Angel/Buffy thing has me all in a tizzy, and thinking about other couples I love. Here are some of my favorite on screen couples! (in no particular order)
1) Jenna and Matty - 13 Going on 30 - this is one of my favorite chick flicks. Jenna basically sees what her future would be like with life long friend Matty always just out of reach. Will she get to right the wrong before it's too late??? Sigh.
2) Christine and Raoul - The Phantom of the Opera - I was impressed with the movie version of this musical. Emmy Rossum is a doll face, and Patrick Wilson has the most amazing singing voice.... I have the DVD and the soundtrack. :)
3) Amanda and Mr. Darcy - Lost in Austen - Words cannot describe how much I love this mini-series. Yes, it's long, but it's so great. Amanda is a modern day girl that trades places with Elizabeth Bennett and the story goes topsy turvy. Hilarious, dramatic, romantic... LOVE IT. LOVE THEM!
4) Emma and Mr. Knightley - Emma (BBC Mini-series) - This is an amazing adaptation of Jane Austen's Emma. The actors are all PERFECT for their roles, and Emma and Mr. Knightley are PRECIOUS. I watch this over and over again.
5) Aragorn and Arwen - Lord of the Rings - I read somewhere that this was THE moneymaker of all big-screen couples. Women all over the globe sat through orcs and hobbits and sword fights just to see if these two would make it. (Personally... I liked the action... (and Legolas Greenleaf, hello--why didn't he get a girl?)) But I loved the drama of their fight to stay together. And their costumes were purty.
6) Danielle and Henry - Ever After - I adore this movie. It's a sweet retelling of Cinderella, with the lovely Drew Barrymore and an even lovelier man with an accent. ;)
7) Grace and Bob - Return to Me - Did Bonnie Hunt just do an amazing job with this movie, or what? It's such a heartbreaking movie... but lovely.
8) Kathleen and Joe - You've Got Mail - Once you get past how much the name Kathleen doesn't really fit Meg Ryan, you really root for these two to figure out they have been emailing each other. Such a cute story. I watch it quite often, but especially during the holiday season.
9) Lucy and Jack - While You Were Sleeping - One of my ALL-TIME favorite movies. Bill Pullman was in his prime, and the chemistry between him and Bullock was priceless. Love love love rooting for this couple throughout the movie. It's witty, romantic... sigh.
10) Jane and Joe - Summer Stock - Such simple names... but so not a simple relationship. She's engaged to a fuddy duddy, he's dating her sister--but they have more in common with each other, don't they? Yep! This is one of my favorite old musicals. Gene Kelly and Judy Garland were tops. They don't make em like they used to. I love me some Gene.
BONUS!) Sabrina and Linus - Sabrina - There is just something about this movie... sure Harrison has gotten old by this point, but I'm completely hooked. I rooted for Linus all along, despite Greg Kinnear's stellar performance (as in everything he does) as David--he does have the best drug induced lines though: "Do the dry cleaners have your car?..... How do you get there?"